Ukiyomokuhan Privacy Notice
Thank you for accessing the website ("Site") of Ukiyomokuhan. We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and (under certain conditions) disclose your personal information. This Privacy Notice also explains the steps we have taken to secure your personal information. Finally, this Privacy Notice explains your options regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. By visiting our Site, you accept the practices described in this Notice.
- Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide us with certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, and email address. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization's country of operation, so that we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we may use the personal information you provide us with to contact you.
- Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for free promotional notices; to request us to notify you when we receive a new brand, or new product style; to sign up for our email newsletter. Your participation in a contest is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest winners and to award prizes. We may post the initials and cities of contest winners on our Site.
- Cookies and Other Technology. This Site employs cookies and to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help us tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. We may also log your Internet protocol ("IP") address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
- We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on this Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
- We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site's content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our site, and your orders and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to request us to notify you when we receive a new brand, new product style, or product; to sign up for our email newsletter and special offers. If you submit your email address, we will use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see opt out section below for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection. We do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone, except that: we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as Sagawa Transport, Kuroneko Yamato, and Japan Post) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- We will not sell (or trade or rent) personally identifiable information to other companies as part of our regular course of business. However, it is possible that we might acquire or merge with or be acquired by another company or that we might dispose of some or all of our assets. If that happens, your personal information may be disclosed to another company, but that disclosure will be subject to the Privacy Notice in effect.
- This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL"). We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate.
- While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
- We also try to protect the privacy of your personal information that is collected offline. For example, customers may call us to place an order or to ask questions. During the call, we will ask only for the personal information we need in order to place the order or to answer the question.
- If we change or update this Privacy Notice, we will post changes and updates on this Site so that you will always be aware of what information we collect, use, and disclose. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice from time to time so you will know if the Privacy Notice has been changed or updated. If you have any questions about the Privacy Notice, please contact us at +81-(0)90-4116-2537.
August 6, 2015
Shoji Kawasaki CEO